yogaabhyaasavidhiryogii caturdhaa yogasaadhanam .
yogasiddhiH svayogasya paaramyaM ShaShTa ucyate .. (10)
Chapter 6 conveys five things to us. In Chapter 5, yogam was indicated. It was told that by dedicating the yoga to the Lord, we can never feel tired by performing Karma yoga and peace would prevail. Now, how this Karma yoga has to be performed is explained. With unbiased mind and with an objective to achieve, we can try to understand and practice the Yoga as detailed in Chapter 6. Let us first see the five things this Chapter is to convey:
- vidhi - procedure, to perform Yoga.
- yogi caturdha - four types of yogi
- yoga sadhanam - the tools required to perform yoga viz. chintanam- thought and vairagyam - detachment
- yoga siddhi - attaining the objective by practicing yoga, even if interrupted in between.
- svayogasya paramyam - the yoga on Sri Krishna, that is Bhakti yoga, and paramyam- its eminence.