- Seetatvam - coolness. Those bathing are refreshed.
- Swadutvam - doing good for all those drinking Ganga water.
- Nirmalatvam - always clear.Those bathing are also cleansed.
- Atyanta ruchyatvam - sweet to drink.
- Patyatvam - diet like to cure diseases.
- Pavanatvam - very sacred and pure.
- Papa haaritvam - absolves sins accumulated over many births.
- Trishna moha dvamsavatvam - destroys desire and delusion.
- Deepamatvam - illuminates well our body, mind and atman.
- Pragya dharirvam - develops our knowledge and cultivates Bhakti.
aphalāṅkṣibhir yajño vidhidṛṣṭo ya ijyate
yaṣṭavyam eveti manaḥ samādhāya sa sāttvikaḥ 17.11
Ya = this type, yajno = Yagna, sa satvika = is satvika yagna. Yaja deva poojam is Yagna or Yaga. Worshiping Deva is Yagna or Deva pooja. Alwars have talked about Deva pooja at many places. In one place Alwar says that Devas come down and worship the Lord at Badarikashram, with flowers. This pooja could be of many types, like chanting Divine names, or offering flowers, or like offering sacred materials in sacred fire by chanting mantras, and after observing fasts. Each would do that type of yagna, he is capable of doing. Satvika yagna is the best. What type of yagnas are performed by satvika persons? Anksha = desire in, aphala = no reward. That is detachment or no desire in results or rewards. Ankshibi = such desireless persons, yajno = yagna, vidhi = [according to shastras] rules, drsto = as seen. Shastras specify mantras, time, place, materials and kiriyai or actions, for a yagna. Thus yagna has to be performed as seen by shastras. We can not do as we like. Yastavyam eveti = such yagnas are performed for the pleasure of the Lord or for the sole purpose of performing pooja to the Lord. Mana samadhaya = with determined mind. That is not drifting the mind to inferior rewards like more wealth or for parenthood, but for the sake of the Lord. Without this, the yagna could not be satvika yagna. Unless it is satvika yagna, it can not bestow supreme rewards. Our objective should be for the superior benefits. Our only reward should be to perform pooja to the Lord. What we do should be for His pleasure. That is satvika yagna. En route to Badrikashram, we see so many siddha persons performing meditation. They do it for the welfare of the World. We now proceed to Joshimutt, that is Tiruppiridi!