pravṛttiṃ ca nivṛttiṃ ca kāryākārye bhayābhaye
bandhaṃ mokṣaṃ ca yā vetti buddhiḥ sā pārtha sāttvikī 18.30
Partha = Arjuna!, sa buddhi sattviki = that buddhi is called Satvika [Buddhi]. Which one? That Buddhi, pravrtti = [which guides to] pravrutti marg for worldly happiness, ca nivrttim = and Moksham for eternal happiness, karya akarya = [distinguishes between] actions to be done and not to be done, bhaya abhaye = [differentiates as to which should be] feared and not feared, bhandam = [understands what all make us] bound [in samsaram], moksam = liberation [from samsaram], vetti = understand. Thus Satvika Buddhi should guide one to:
- Worldly happiness, in pravrutti Marg.
- Eternal happiness, in Moksham, in Nivrutti marg.
- Actions which are do's and don't's.
- Afraid or not afraid of things or activities.
- Things that would bind us in samsaram.
- Things that would liberate us from samsaram.